The 8th of March 2023 was International Women’s Day, and here at H2R Selection, International Women’s Day is important to us because:
– The gender pay gap still exists.
– 1 in 3 women will experience violence.
– 181 million girls and young women around the world do not have access to education.
– There are still countries where women are not allowed to have bank accounts.
– It’s important to reflect on the long history of gender equality and women’s rights.
– We want to learn, celebrate, help, support and shout about our amazing colleagues and role models.
– We want to encourage conversation and open discussion on topics that are still considered ‘taboo’.
Therefore, we co-hosted an event with The Lost and Found in Bristol to celebrate! We invited 5 amazing individuals to be apart of a panel to discuss various topics:
– Ellie Webb (Caleno)
– Helena Hills (TrueStart Coffee)
– Sophie Chester-Glyn (Coproduce Care)
– Daisie Mayes (Bristol Bears)
– Rafaella Huguenin Ponce (Social Media Influencer)
The aim of the event was to bring value, insights, and to highlight the perspectives of women from different backgrounds and experiences, the topics covered included: Motherhood, childhood experiences, experiences within the working environment and the care sector, discrimination within sports, neurodiversity and more and we are so thankful to each of the panellists for being so honest and transparent.
We also wanted to use the event as an opportunity to raise money for Cancer Research UK and we are proud to say that we raised over £400. So a big thank to everyone who came and donated! And also a big thank you to Beyond Films who took photos of the event.
We are planning another panel event in June and will release some details soon! If you would like to keep up to date with our events then please email us: email@example.com and we can add you to our mailing list.